Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Does it matter?

One thing I've noticed since jumping on board the healthy choo-choo, is some people really have that need in them to know how much weight have I already lost. But my question to you is, does it matter?  Is there a magical number that would make you think oh ok she really IS doing this. What if it was only 5lbs in 6 weeks, what if it was 17.245 lbs?  Would any number matter?

I think since doing this for myself that the most important numbers so far are the ones coming down. Weight- down, Blood pressure- down, blood sugars- down.  But then there are things that are going up and I feel like those are just as important to my journey. Self respect- up, happiness- up, self-esteem- up, and the corners of my mouth- are turned up....WAY UP! :) 

This isn't just about numbers, of course numbers matter and I can't wait to hit big goals I have, but until then I'm also enjoying all those other "up's" that are making my life matter so much more and making my inner spirit soar.  I am finding happiness on this journey, something I really thought I already had with 2 beautiful little girls, but now I'm learning that being happy with who you are as a person inside is really the most important thing. Learning to not take crap from people who talk down to you, or talk bad about you when you are not around. (But that is YOUR issue not mine, and i'll keep on smiling as you make yourself look like an idiot) Knowing when to walk away and be proud of who you are and what you have achieved so far, and trying to be a better person every single moment of the day. I have been overwhelmed by the friends who have come to walk beside me in this journey and who give me the virtual high-five's over the internet and help me up when I stumble.  Who give me the inspiration to keep going after a rough day, and one's who are busting their buns working out during their hectic life schedules, just so we can compare sweaty workouts! 

I am finding out so much more about me, and the people I am surrounding myself with, that is the biggest gain so far. Learning to not be afraid to reach out for help when I have a fitness or foodie question, reading and learning as much information as I can to improve my body, mind and spirit. And not being afraid to allow myself to just be me.  Just be the person I want to me, no excuses, no lies, just love.

No comments:

Post a Comment