Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweet moments

So today I was in the kitchen making meatloaf for supper while my daughter was having her lunch. Its a normal daily event, I cook supper, or bake cookies while she's up in the highchair watching me. We usually have the tunes cranked up and it keeps her entertained while eating! 

So I started making my meatloaf, not really paying attention to what she was doing, I thought she was just eating her vegetable/pasta/chicken combo until I hear this tiny giggle come out of her.  I looked over and she was kneading her lunch like I was kneading the meatloaf in the bowl. She was copying me and thought it was hilarious.  Thankfully she had eaten most of it, but the uneaten portion was all squished between her fingers...well, kind of like me with the meatloaf squished between my fingers.  So I let her continue as I finished adding the last ingredients and mixing with my hands.  And beside me just the sweetest giggle-fest came out of her as she continued "making meatloaf" like momma.

These are the tiny moments that remind me why I love staying home with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment