Friday, September 24, 2010

Perogy making

So at least once a year we make homemade perogies.  I actually learned from my fiance, his family always made them, so for 6+ years now him and I make them for our family.

So we got organized and made the mashed potatoes and filling and dough while the baby was napping and when she awoke, I took her over to her Nanny's house to play for the afternoon.  That way we could have an assembly line going without a toddler underfoot. 

This time I rolled the dough while he filled them up over the mold. Usually its the other way around, but we like to spice it up a  bit. HAHAHA  Why do I laugh at my own jokes, gosh I'm a  dork!

So we had the tunes cranked as usual and all of a sudden this old song by Anne Murray comes on called "Danny's song" and my fiance starts singing it to me...he says...hey this is our song.  And then I started to cry.  Crying and rolling perogy dough and smiling all at the same time.  It's like I fell in love with him all over again. Something so sweet and spur of the moment just took my breath away. The words to the song are sad but true for us. And probably for many people.  I had heard this song a zillion times, but I never really listened to the lyrics until he sang them to me. And he was right.  The song is us. (except the pregnant part, lol) And I am still smiling.
Here are the lyrics for anyone who wants to know.
I recommend hearing it over reading it. 

"Danny's Song"

People smile and tell me I'm the lucky one



And we've just begun, I think I'm gonna have a son


He will be like you and me, as free as a dove


Conceived in love, the sun is gonna shine above






Chorus


And even though we ain't got money


I'm so in love with ya honey


Everything bring a chain of love


And in the mornin' when I rise


Bring a tear of joy to my eyes


And tell me everything's gonna be all right






Love a guy who holds the world in a paper cup


Drink it up, love him and he'll bring you luck


And if ya find he helps your mind


better take him ho-ome


Yeah 'n' don'tcha live alone


try to earn what lovers own






Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment