Thursday, August 19, 2010

Turtle

So the past couple weeks I have been going to my Chiropractor for adjustments.  Really, I'm so used to my constant low back pain I've had most of my life but once my neck started giving me problems I thought I better go see the doc.

I used to go to chiro about 5 years ago.  I am the type of patient who wants a few weeks of good ole' back cracking...I want to hear the snaps and pops! And then i'm good for awhile.  But my chiropractor wants me to pay for a 12 month (and possibly more) "corrective care" plan she has.  I know this is her business and how she makes money, by repeat visits, but I'm on a budget here, we are down to one and a quarter income right now (I only work 2 days a week) so paying thousands of dollars for chiro is completely NOT happening right now in my life.

So today was the visit where we looked at my neck X-Ray from today compared to 5 years ago, to see how bad I am, and yes it's gotten worse, i'm in stage 2 of neck "decay".  Sounds horrific doesn't it? Basically my neck and head sit forward.  Then she tells me that 5 years ago you could see my #7 vertabrae, now today its hiding in my shoulders.....I asked "like a turtle?", she said "well yes kind of".  HONESTLY IT TOOK EVERY OUNCE OF SELF CONTROL NOT TO SAY "AM I NOT TURTLEY ENOUGH FOR THE TURTLE CLUB?" bahahahahahaha. Ok no jokes, I guess I am shrinking...into my shoulders.  So she says its from bad posture and my enormous breasts (ok she didn't really say that, but its true) She said from the extra weight in the front i'm carrying.

So now I have to sit up straight, get a breast reduction, (she didn't say that but I want one), and lose some pounds. UGH!! If only it was that easy!!!  At least my neck feels great these days, even though of course she wants to see me 3 times a week...sorry not going to happen, I dont have time with a 2 yr in my life.

That's it, thats all I've got today.  Life hasn't been to interesting these days....I'll try to spice it up for you!!
(P.S. and turtles are cute!)

No comments:

Post a Comment