Monday, August 23, 2010

Bikers

I love bikers. I have had a love affair with bikers in my head since I was 15 years old. 

It all started when my dad was posted here and we drove through the States to get to BC and along the way he made a detour through Sturgis just when the annual motorcycle rally was happening.   There is nothing quite like Sturgis. That was the summer of 1990. The bikes, the noise, the scantily clad ladies and scuzzy looking leathered up men. Everyone is in black leather, some have patches, some do not, some look like they just got off parole, some look like doctors.  Every walk of life was there...including me, a 15 year old cute little teeny bopper who had never been so close to bikers before...ever.

And that's when my love of the "bad boy" began.  To this day I can not stop my head from turning when I hear the thundering sound of a chopper or Harley drive past me...and yes, I MUST see who's riding it. He could be a sexy muscle bound greased up juice monkey, or an older, grey-hair, long beard wearing, bandana sportin dude and I'll still look. I can't help myself!

There's just something about them that I find unattainable that makes my heart go "pitter patter lets get at 'er!" its that whole bad boy thing.  The ones you are not supposed to bring home to mom and dad.  Dont get me wrong I have a great guy now, and he's WELL aware of my not-so-secret love affair with the biker boys (he has Angelina Jolie and PINK, I have bikers) and he teases me every chance he gets..."I'm surprised you dont have whiplash checking that one out!"  he says.

What is it about bikers? Because i'm not into ALL bikers.  There's what I consider a "biker" to be, and then there's the "i'm too pretty i better get a crotch rocket and look like Tom Cruise off Top Gun" guys.  Yeah...not into those boys.  That's my brother for sure, and eeewwww, its my brother! lol No offense to him, my brother has a beautiful bike and he goes on awesome bike road trips and has a blast. But if his friends on that style of bike went past me, I wouldn't even look. Does nothing for me. But I still love my brother!!

I think its the sound of the Harley or the choppers that get to me.  Its loud and annoying and it just screams...look at me!  I love it!  The leather, the boots, the bikes, all of it creates this big ole' package of sexiness.

And yet here I am, 35 years old, its been 20 years of this love affair...and I`ve still never been on the back of a Harley yet. But I will continue to be true to myself and love those greasy bastards til the day I die!
Ride On!

No comments:

Post a Comment