Friday, August 6, 2010

Bring on the rain!

I am NOT a fan of summer. I dont like to sit in the sun and tan, a total waste of my time, plus bad for you. I don't like the heat more than a couple weeks, then I'm done with it. It has been so hot for so long and no rain for weeks I think.  I would love for someone to do a rain dance and get it wet outside!!!  The smoke from the forest fires in the interior is hovering over our island now, and even though it is lifting and floating away, it still makes it muggy and slightly uncomfortable. Bye Bye summer, please go away. I'm all done with you now.

Now Fall is my season!!!  If I could live in a place where its fall almost all year round, please let me know and I will move there...seriously!  I love wearing jeans and a hoodie.  Not shorts and tanks. I like it to be sunny but a tiny bit crisp in the air. Not so cold that you see your breath, but cool enough that a hoodie is the perfect thing to wear. I love the colours of fall, bright reds and burnt oranges, mellow yellows and muted greens.  I love fall more than any other season.  Plus you have Halloween and Thanksgiving, which I love both equally!  I love the pumpkin patches, and leaves falling off the trees, my allergies are no longer bothersome to me as well.  I love those rainy days that remind you the winter is coming. Where I live we don't get alot of snow, maybe a week of it, but mostly rain. And more rain, and even MORE rain.  By the spring comes along I always look forward to a bit of summer to break the rain spell.  But its into August now and I'm feeling that back-to-school-urge of cooler nights, and windy days.

I think I love back-to-school. Not because I have kids in school yet, but it reminds me of the simple times in life. Where  my folks would take us shopping for new shoes and jeans, books and fun pencil cases. And going to school and trying hard was the only responsibility we had.  But it also meant that it was cold enough to wear those new jeans and hoodies we got. Summer clothes got boxed up and put away, and my closet was full of new choices to face every morning.  September is when my "new" year begins.  I dont think of January as the new year, I still think of September as the fresh new start to another year of my life.

I am counting down the days to fall. And looking forward to my "new" year beginning.  I see some changes on the horizon, and a new hoodie in my future!

1 comment:

  1. Fall is my fave too. My jeans and hoodies are waiting in a nice neat pile for me. It may take a little longer here, though. thanks for taking some of that smoke, it was really thick here ;)

    ReplyDelete