Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"me" gifts

I received some birthday money this year, and honestly....I'm just not sure what to do with it! It's not that I don't need the cash, cash is always needed! I'm just having such a hard time spending it on me, and only me. Before baby I had no problem buying what I wanted. Now since I've had her, I feel guilty buying myself something and not her. I'm actually sitting here thinking, maybe I could just buy a piece of jewelry that reminds me of her! Why is it so hard for me to just go to the store and pick out something cute!

I really need summer clothes or I'd love a micro planer that you zest lemons on! Or how about cute new sandals, since warmer weather is coming! I know I'd love an iPod since mine broke, or I would love the Sookie Stackhouse book series (that I thought I was getting). How about a food processor...ohhh I'd love one of those! Or a waffle maker, or a tattoo, or a whack of new fun makeup! The ideas are endless...really I could think of 12 more I'm sure. But on the other hand I keep thinking, well she needs new jammies and another new wide brimmed summer hat. I'd love to buy her a few new toys or a few casual dresses.

Maybe that's what being a mommy really means....that I would give her my very last cent just to see her smile or just to fulfill her needs. But a good mommy is also a happy mommy and this mommy needs to enjoy this gift and indulge a little. :)

Maybe there's nothing wrong with buying myself a new ring....with her birthstone in it! She is the love of my life, and I would be ok with looking down at my hands and seeing the ring that my fiance gave me because of his love, and the other hand the ring I buy representing how his love to me....gave me her. xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. awww, great post Cindy. :) All of those options you listed sounded perfect - and you're right! You DO need to indulge a little. Birthday money is all about you so buy whatever makes you happiest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw that last commenet (and the one from yesterday) is Stacey. :) I don't know why it comes up as "diet blog" but that's me.

    ReplyDelete