Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Out with the old...

So my daughter's 2nd birthday is fast approaching.  And we have already bought her new toys and I know a few other things she's getting from family as well.  And I sit here looking around the house thinking....yup, it's time to pack up her "baby" toys and make room for new big girl ones. Some friends say oh keep them for when you have another baby.  And I might keep some, but most are going bye-bye! I just don't have the room and I can't hold on to things that are waiting for baby #2, that could be years away....who knows!  We have no idea what our future holds and with such a tiny home we bought and very little storage, some things just have to go. Kids toys are getting bigger and bigger!  Its hard to buy a tiny toy anymore, everything is huge and clutters up the house. 

I find these days she's more interested in reading her books, colouring, painting, playing with the toys that use her imagination more than pressing a button and they do their thing.  She is very bored by the noisy toys (secretly i'm soooooooo happy about that!!) I can't wait to play with her on her birthday with one of her new toys she's getting.  She will freak her freak!! :) It was one of my faves as a child, and I hope its hers too. And since she's not interested in dollies or stuffed animals just yet, I do hope she likes what we picked out for her.

I am having a Hawaiian luau themed party for her and even found the cutest lei and baby sized grass skirt!  hahaha oh my its cute.  Now to get her to wear it will be the tricky part! And all of us there will get a lei to wear as well. I can't wait to decorate!!  Sunday will be a very fun day :)  I took the weekend off work as I did last year too, and I am hoping I will always be able to have her birthday "party" day off....there is NOTHING more important to me than my little girl.
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment