Wednesday, July 7, 2010

time's a tickin'

My 20 year highschool grad reunion is in 3 years. That makes me really old. When I was graduating and trying to think ahead to what our lives would be like at the 20 year reunion, I kept thinking, wow i'll be so old by then.  But time is starting to catch up to me. If the party was tomorrow night and someone asked What have you been up to since grad?.....I wouldn't have alot to say. Don't get me wrong, i'm no hermit and I have done oodles and oodles of things.....but I guess I still haven't achieved MANY of the goals I thought I would have achieved by this time.

I thought I would have been married. I thought I would have travelled somewhere. I thought I would have had more than one child. Maybe had a doggie, or a kitty. I would have been skinny. I would have a tight, close knit groups of friends. I would have dinner parties and ski trips, camping trips in my trailer, not the tent!  I have allowed life to just happen, and only a few occasions I can think of where I made a specific changes to change the outcome of my destiny.

The time has come to make a few adjustments. Time to get back to living and ticking off one by one the goals I need to set for myself.  I already have a list made of the things I want to accomplish. Its hard to know how to start these changes though.  I need some inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment