Friday, June 11, 2010

peace



I love the water.

I have lived all over Canada, and I always feel the most at home when I'm close to the water. I don't know how to sail, yet, but just being at the beach or the harbor and smelling the ocean air makes me feel sooooooo good!

And I want to make sure my daughter gets to enjoy the wonders of the ocean as often as possible. Now don't get me wrong, I also love lakes and streams and rivers. Put my dream house near any patch of water bigger than a puddle and I'm a happy girl! I could get used to saying, Oh I have a lake house! :) Maybe one day...

But while I'm waiting for that to happen, I try to see the ocean as much as possible. My house now is a 5 minute drive to the ocean, ok maybe 7 mins. We are surrounded by ocean and beaches and a beautiful marina. That's where I took my daughter today for a walk. It was so gorgeous out today with sailboats everywhere and seagulls flying around.  Tons of people walking the boardwalk and just enjoying the day.

I just find it so peaceful near the water. If I'm having a crappy day or need to think about life and all the choices I need to make, the ocean is my favorite place to go. Just to sit and listen to it.  The sounds of birds as they fly around, the waves crashing on the shoreline, the smell of the ocean air, and the cool soft breeze on my skin. There is nothing I love more than those moments.

So today was a great day. My baby girl had fun exploring the boardwalk, and I got to soak in a little happiness.  Just me and her.
Can't get better than that!
xo

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way at the ocean. Beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete