Thursday, February 21, 2013

Zumba report #1

So I survived my very 1st ZUMBA fitness class.  Keep in mind I haven't done a fitness program or hit the gym in almost 9 years. The most exercise I do is walks with my kids (who are small, so they walk slooooowwwww and look at every rock and bird that goes by) and that is about it.  I was worried that maybe I wouldn't be able to handle 60 mins of it, but I did!!!  The dance steps are so much harder than I thought, looks so easy on TV ;)  But I am so happy I went.  And when my body doesn't ache so badly I will go again in a  few days. I was surprised how many ladies I knew there!  There had to be 50 or more people in that gym, it was packed....and hot!  but so much fun, I loved the music and I loved that I was taking care of myself. I should measure my body and weigh myself and then in 3 months of going check again. Might be fun to see the results on paper.  I did sweat enough that my clothes were soaked.  But I honestly can't wait to go again!!  Time to put my health first...so my girls can be proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment