Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bedtime routine

So we try at every little moment to enjoy the smallest things around us. That includes bedtime. We are very fortunate that we haven't had a child who kicks and screams all the way to bed, our 2.5 yr old asks to nap or to go to bed every night. You might not believe me, but she seriously does ask. But that doesn't mean walking down the hallway to her room is always a breeze.  We were finding awhile back that it was alot of coaxing, bribing, begging on our part, after she asked us, to convince her that she needed to go to bed.  Until one night after we had watched one of her signing DVD's (she's still learning to speak so sign language works for us right now) and we had just learned how to sign "penguin".  So, I started waddling like a penguin all the way down the hall. (and trust me i'm almost 6 months pregnant and waddling is very easy to do!!)That was it, giggles and smiles as she waddled like a penguin, following momma down the hall, giggling til she layed down in her bed.  Well that lasted weeks, either myself or my hubby, waddling like penguins, with our daughter following behind us giggling all the way.  But I got bored, and I noticed less and less giggles and decided last week to "swim" down the hall.  Seriously that's all it took to put that spark back into her bedtime routine and the giggles returned as we all took turns "swimming" down the hall.  So tonight, my hubby had to go to hockey and he missed out on the bedtime routine, and so I started swimming down the hall.....my little fishy following me got half way and she turned around and started doing the backstroke!!  I died laughing, and that made her crack up too.  My kid makes me laugh every single day, and no matter how bad a day I could possibly be having, she is the funniest little person I know!    I love being a mother more than anything I have ever done in life, and I am so blessed she chose me as her momma. Now I need to think of another way to walk down the hall, because she's 2 the swimming can only be fun for so long. I think we might have to start doing karate kicks...I know that'll get her laughing to see momma try to do that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment