Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cravings

So I have had cravings with this pregnancy from about 2 months along or so.  They started out so healthy and innocent....and have now turned into a ravenous food whore. My mother will be proud of my use of the English language right about now.

In the beginning....no I'm not telling you about the Bible or sweet Baby Jesus, we are talking food here.  At first like I said....innocent....healthy....and pure.  Oranges!  I couldn't get enough oranges or orange juice...and then it went to veggie platters....and yes I would make a platter of veggies and ranch dip and eat most of it, the rest was scarfed down by my lovely 2.5 yr old.  But it soon changed and went into sugar and fats and carb-city!  The croissants, slurpee's, fries and gravy, BACON....ooh Bacon I love thee still.  And we can't forget, pickles. And not just pickles, I would actually rather have the pickle juice from the jar. Which I don't recommend unless you want heartburn like you've never experienced before.  I asked my man if he would care for a pickle while we were looking for a snack to watch our fave reality tv show.  He is one to always support me and never lets me eat alone, so he said yes I would love one. So I brought over one of our daughter's child size plastic bowls with about 6 pickles in it.......and about 1/4 cup of the juice at the bottom.  And yes, I drank the juice. Sooo tasty!!  But after the TUMS jar got raped that night I made him promise to never let me drink that heartburn juice again.  So what did I do the next night?  You guessed it!  He told me not to do it......but I said, oh it's just a little tiny bit, I don't want to waste it.  TUMS was my bestie again that night.  (ok i'm seriously salivating at the thought of more pickle juice)

I'm not sure if cravings while pregnant is a real thing.  Some people will argue that there is no such thing.  But this is my second pregnancy and I remember having cravings with her too.  How I've managed to lose 8 lbs and be 4 months pregnant is still a mystery to me...maybe pickle juice has fat burning qualities!!  OMG could you imagine!!!!???? The Pickle Juice diet could make me a billionaire!!  HAHAHAHA ("I wanna be a billionaire so fricking bad, Buy all of the things I never had, Uh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine,
Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen"....sorry had to sing there for a second)

So here I sit...alone. My hunny went to hockey, baby is fast asleep....and I have eaten a giant handful of cooked, cold bacon, a pickle...that I dipped a few times into the juice and sucked it off..shhh don't tell anyone...and a cupcake that I made for my hunny's birthday tomorrow. I wonder how long it'll be til TUMS joins this heartburn party in my tummy.  I don't think i'll have to worry about those 8 lbs....pretty sure they'll be coming back on soon enough ;)

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahaha food whore!!! you need to write a book cindy, seriously i was laughing pretty hard!!!

    ReplyDelete